Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Boy Under My Bed

Sometimes i sleep under my bed with my head sticking out

Call me weird! Call me regressed!
I just missed being cuddled and put back to bed...


But only sometimes when i am under emotional lows.When i was a toddler my mom would find me sleeping under the bed, in the bookcase, or behind the door. She would kept putting me back in my bed once i was asleep. Then when I was moved to my own room, I put pillows and blankets all around my bed. On particularly difficult days, I would sleep in the closet, surrounded by pillows. Now, I much prefer to sleep on the couch, because it has one side "enclosed" that I can sleep next to. I also prefer sleeping on my side, fetal position type. For me, it is probably that I was treated so badly by others, that I considered it very comforting to be enclosed, probably Freudian or whatever it is, for the womb feeling. Any place to feel comfortable and accepted.

I think it is because of the sensory experience of either surrounding pressure, or just simple enclosure, is probably at least partially accurate. Either i just love the feeling of pressure, or it would be because whether or not i can articulate what i am experiencing, at some level i know that i am different so i like enclosure and the feeling of aloneness and acceptance. Anyway, that is my opinion about it.

No comments: