Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memories Gone Forever

Last weekend, the computer was due for an upgrade. Since there are tons of files, videos, pictures and other documents in the old 40 gig hard drive, we got ourselves a new 80 gig internal disk drive for file migration. The technician installed the new drive and we paid him 350 bucks. The next morning, the computer failed to boot.

We went back to the computer store in Megamall to have it fixed.

The technician was on day off and the technician on duty that day said that the 80 gig drive was not partitioned and all of the files are gone - forever. The bad news was that the technician who installed the new drive did not format and partitioned the 80 gig hard disk properly.

Good bye to a year and a half's worth of memories. Huhuhuhu.

I almost died when i lost all my files especially the pictures and videos. God is great he didn't allow to lose my "CASES" (good thing i have secured back up on my e-mail). Furthmore, some pics and vids are on multiply.

Now, i'm surfing on a newly reformatted computer. Today, is the day i'm gonna live my life where every moment should be treated special. I have to move on and start picking up all the pieces. I guess i have to start by taking pictures of myself again.

1 comment:

JP aka Elmo said...

haha. your post brings back memories. you should back-up your important files at least every 3-4 weeks. just in case. and next time, be sure to ask the technician if he knows what he's doing. hehe.