Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Price You Pay For Being A Professional

Alex in PRCThe service at the Professional Regulatory Commission (like most government agencies here in the Philippines) was horrible. I dreaded and almost fainted because of the scourging heat of the sun. PRC just doesn’t have enough staff to meet the increase of applicants. The queue was extremely long and if you are not entertained on that very day you will have to fall back on the same extremely long line on the next day. Not to mention the ordeal you had to go through of lining up early in the morning (like 3am) and waiting for almost entire day just to go through the application process.
PRC horribleThe PRC predicted that 80,000 nursing applicants will take the licensure exam, compared to 43, 000 last year, they extended the registration until May 15 2007 not to mention the date of extension they gave to the June 2006 examiners who wanted retake.
The reason for the increase in the number of applicants filing for the boards this June is because most of the June 2006 passers wanted retake. Even though their retake is non-licensure in nature and will not affect the validity of licenses previously issued by the PRC, they are doing it so that they could take the CGFNS and apply for work abroad.

If ever should I fail the boards, I will not take PRC examinations ever again just because of this harrowing bureaucratic experience. Applicants surely deserve something better.


I'm out! I left the Bomb!

1 comment:

sadako said...

don't worry, it's all worth it once you passed the boards. I heard, you will all be given a very hard set of questions this year. I'll include you in my prayers. my cousin will be taking it at the same time :)

Pax Et Bonum!